1 power amp or 7 mono power amps.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Varun_27

Prominent
May 18, 2017
I have a 7.1 channel pre-amplifier and searching a multi channel amplifier for it. Can i put 7 different mono amplifiers for each channel and a subwoofer amplifier.

Varun_27

Prominent
May 18, 2017

Friend this all happened due to a seller's mistake who sold me a pre-amplifier which she thought an amplifier and the reverse shipping will cost me more than half the product cost. So, still i have to buy a 7.1 amplifier which i couldn't find at that time. So all this started.
The mistake from my side is that i haven't bought it through through Paypal.

So friend please if you know please guide me.

Varun_27

Prominent
May 18, 2017

I have bought all these.

Varun_27

Prominent
May 18, 2017

Okay but, i am stuck so i have to complete.

Varun, no one does a setup like you, it is not pratical.
Maybe better to cut your losses, and start again.
Everyone buys PRE MADE things, because it comes with a warranty. I'm not going to be following this thread anymore.

Face it, you made a mistake, learn from it, sell this crap to someone else, you will make a loss, then next time, buy a proper pre-made system.

Varun_27

Prominent
May 18, 2017

Very true, i'll try to do that.
Thanks Electr0_90,

Varun_27

Prominent
May 18, 2017
1. I got a power supply witth my pre-amplifier with -12, +12 and G1, +5V terminals, After powering my pre-amp can I power my input board (12V) from it too?

2. If I want three subwoofers in my home theatre system, can i triforcate the wire going to my subwoofer and attach one amplifier with corresponding power supplies to all 3 wires and hook a subwoofer to each wire?

3. In a home theater amplifier, I have a pre-amplifier board with remote control device and a display and I have an audio input board with its display too,

Now i am left with two remote controls and two displays. what should i do?

I opted to put both the displays on the front screen but not to use pre-amplifier board's remote control and hide its IR so that there is no interference. Can i know your opinion on it or what difficulties should i face?

Move this thread to an Electronics Forum - I can give you lots of answers, because this is what I am trained it, but I'm really not going to. Not through selfishness, but you don't have the understanding of Electronics and I would have to charge you for my time.
Honestly, use another forum where people would be more helpful in this matter.
And obviously you want to keep wasting more and more money with your system which you really don't understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.