1 Vega 64 or 2 RX 580s 8gb version

Solution
Judging by amd choice, I’m guessing you probably have a 2k free sync monitor, if not, I suggest to get 1070ti as the price for Nvidia cards has returned close to msrp, not so much with amd cards. Pure AMD card wise, I would say Vega 56 a better buy, however right now the price for amd cards are all over the place, if you honestly need of a amd gpu, would honestly suggest you a single rx580.

Chasingfaith

Reputable
May 7, 2016
The two rx 580's offer more raw performance but during modern gaming, this performance usually isn't used very well, and some games dont support crossfire at all. The Vega 64 offers much more reliable performance and is therefore the better option for gaming.

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador

Are they the only choices? as you could probably get better price/performance from nvidia. Have you compared prices of 1070 ti and 1080?

Unless you are insane, go with the single card every time. Most games won't support more than one GPU. People who get more than one are usually just flaunting their power in benchmarks. Some are saying to look for better deals than a Vega 64... and honestly, unless you are dead set on an AMD solution, I agree with them. The Vega 64 is a great card, but you are going to be paying a pretty penny due to the market right now. In a perfect world it'd be a 1:1 comparison and Vega would be very competitive with the 1080, but that isn't this market right now.

genca

Honorable
Dec 5, 2017
Games are still not optimized for dual gpu. Go with vega 64 and dont go with 1080 as some1 said. 1080 is currently better than vega but as games are more optimized in vulkan vega will always win and that's for sure. I have seen a lot of 1080 users writting on becnchmarks between 1080 and vega 64 that 1080 will be fucked up by vega in vulkan

Judging by amd choice, I’m guessing you probably have a 2k free sync monitor, if not, I suggest to get 1070ti as the price for Nvidia cards has returned close to msrp, not so much with amd cards. Pure AMD card wise, I would say Vega 56 a better buy, however right now the price for amd cards are all over the place, if you honestly need of a amd gpu, would honestly suggest you a single rx580.

Solution