Question 10-20 FPS with decent computer idk how to fix

Jul 4, 2021
Specs- gtx 1060 3gb/amd FX-8350 cpu/patriot ram 16 gb/msi 990 am3 mother board

( I remind you I am terrible with pc and it was built for me)

was built and used 5-6 times

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Mind sharing the make and model of the PSU and it's age? You should also include the make and model of the sticks of ram in your system. As for your build, how much did you pay for it, considering you had it built? You might want to also state the OS version at the time of writing if you're on Windows 10.

You could try and source the latest driers from Nvidia's support site, give DDU a try, uninstall your GPU drivers, then reboot, then reinstall your GPU drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer<run as Administrator.

Jul 4, 2021
I know it’s a Corsair battery supply I can’t get to it it’s covers by a huge cool master cover but I know it’s a older model (2017-2018) the rest of it is brand new

Jul 4, 2021
Oh and I think I was scammed I gave the person 2000$ to build it and I got this that can’t even run 12 year old games at a decent FPS. And I will try what you suggested thank you

bignastyid

Titan
$2000 for an 8350 and a 3gb 1060? Ouch. I highly doubt most of the parts are new as most have been out of production for years.
Even in the current market it's worth maybe a 1/4 of that. You can get a brand new prebuilt with a Ryzen R5 and a 1660 for just over $1000 or for $1300 one with a 3060.

Jul 4, 2021
the person that built moved awhile back and I’ve tried contacting him but his number changed or something idk. Tbh it’s my fault I got lazy and wanted someone to build it for me that was a huge mistake