Question 10 years old and beyond

Gerjaffers

Reputable
Aug 28, 2020
Hello,
I have a pc that is 10 years old now and it has gtx 770 and amd fx 8320 and is a gaming pc but I only play one game on it which is Minecraft and I was wondering how long more would my pc run for before dying out because my brother says it can last a long time from now before breaking.
so can it?

Hardware failure is relatively random, with a large peak right at the start (DOA or defects from the factory).
Chances are, if it made it this long, it will last a while longer with proper care.
PSU is likely something you want to keep an eye on though, as well as any moving parts (HDDs, fans, etc).

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
the lga 775 motherboard here in the house is approx 7 years old, and still going strong. Got it second hand, so it's possibly a lot older than that.
__

@Gerjaffers

just be sure to do regular maintenance on the fan heatsink, to prevent dust buildup.

all powersupplies, no matter how good will die as they age. Eventually, it will supply less wattage than what is advertised. I recommend buying a new one for your pc if you plan to game with for the years to come. Power supply is the only thing I replaced in my oldest pc.