[SOLVED] 100% CPU usage in most games.

Jibbinator

Honorable
Sep 5, 2015
This started happening a couple months ago, before it was completely fine. CS:GO, 90-100% usage.. Which just doesn't seem right. I keep my task manager open always, no other processes running while I play. I've got a GTX 1080 and an i5-6600k, so my GPU is definitely better than my CPU. My theory is that my fps is too high for my CPU to handle, but I'd love to hear from some people who would know way more than me.

Thanks!

Solution
I would look at 100% CPU usage is being a basic, 100% normal 'fact of life' with but 4 threads ...

Nothing you will be able to do about this with any game...short of switching as much load to possible to the GPU, by upping resolution, quality/details, etc...; you can also try capping the FPS at 60-100 fps, reducing the CPU /GPU rendering load..
I would look at 100% CPU usage is being a basic, 100% normal 'fact of life' with but 4 threads ...

Nothing you will be able to do about this with any game...short of switching as much load to possible to the GPU, by upping resolution, quality/details, etc...; you can also try capping the FPS at 60-100 fps, reducing the CPU /GPU rendering load..

Solution