[SOLVED] 100% CPU usage running Fortnite, 7% in idle..... HELP

Aug 26, 2019
Hello, I am pretty new to the PC life so its confusing for me, my PC buddies cant find me a solution either. But when I try to run fortnite, my CPU Jacks stright Up! all the way to 100%. Any help really helps thank you!

Pc Specs:

i5-8400k
16 GB DDR4
GTX 1060 - 3GB
Asus z390 Motherboard

Solution
Where can i crank up antialiasing and ambiant occlusion ? Sorry if that sounds dumb lol
Sorry I just tried to show a principle by an example and randomly picked two very gpu intensive settings. Its nothing you should do.
I advice you to get behind some basic pc knowledge first. I guess youtube will have plenty of stuff in store like: "how does a pc render frames?"

I am sorry if I confused you. The bottom line is: Your 100% cpu utilization is no problem that needs fixing.

EndEffeKt_24

Commendable
Mar 27, 2019
Does not sound concerning to me. What you see is some kind of cpu limitation. That means your cpu is pushing 120 fps and is utilized 100 %
Whats your gpu load in that situation? If its significantly lower than 100 % you could increase some ingame grafic settings.

Your cpu is just pushing the max frames it can. And if thats 120/sec that looks like normal behavior.

Reactions: cubtriX

EndEffeKt_24

Commendable
Mar 27, 2019
You dont need no help. Your rig is showing normal behaviour.
Your grafical settings are so low that your gpu is just sittkng at 55% waiting for frames from the cpu.
In other words: You got some headroom with your gpu to increase settings if you wish to.
Example:Lets say you crank up antialiasing and ambiant occlusion to the max. And your fps drop to 75. If you would check in that case you might see cpu at 65% and gpu 99% because now the gpu is the limiting factor due to higher workload.

Hope I could clear that up.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
With 3gb vram, upping antialiasing or increasing dsr factors in NvidiaCP may run out of vram.

The cpu set's the fps cap, pre-rendering frames for the gpu. Depending on game and how much cpu it requires, ie physics, multiplayer etc + frame pre-rendering high amounts can add to high usages. Fortnite is quite cpu intensive online.

If your performance at 100% cpu doesn't stutter then don't worry about it, if it stutters then reduce the frame rates a bit more.

EndEffeKt_24

Commendable
Mar 27, 2019
Where can i crank up antialiasing and ambiant occlusion ? Sorry if that sounds dumb lol
Sorry I just tried to show a principle by an example and randomly picked two very gpu intensive settings. Its nothing you should do.
I advice you to get behind some basic pc knowledge first. I guess youtube will have plenty of stuff in store like: "how does a pc render frames?"

I am sorry if I confused you. The bottom line is: Your 100% cpu utilization is no problem that needs fixing.

Solution