100% CPU usage when playing games.

Wubblezqq

Commendable
Sep 17, 2016
I mainly play Rainbow Six Siege. I played the game on max with 150 fps with little to no problems for months.

i5-6600k with a Hyper Evo 212 fan
GTX 970 windforce

So about 2 weeks ago I downloaded a link I was sent from a friend for a sony vegas installation.(Yes I shouldn't have pirated because this is my own karma.)

When the link downloaded it automatically ran a program and restarted my computer.
When my computer started back up, I instantly uninstalled the programs. I went to open Google chrome and my computer asked me to allow something so I hit no after assuming I just installed a virus. Google opened with some weird code on the screen and it wouldn't let me type anything on the screen.

I decided the best course of action would be to reinstall windows 10 again. After reinstalling and everything, downloading my drivers. All of my drivers are updated via Driver Booster 4 and my GPU drivers are from Geforce experience. A few days later after I got off work I finally sat down and noticed my frames were fine, but my game was skipping and would freeze a lot while I'm running around but only for split second. The game was on max setting for months with no problems so I restarted my computer and was still getting the lag issues.

I opened Task manager one day to look at something while playing siege and noticed when I go into a round, my cpu usage jumped to 100%. For those who don't know, siege is like a moba where you pick your character before each round. While picking a character my cpu usage is around 50% but as soon as I go into the map the usage goes straight to 100% and is choppy and skippy but i still have well over 120 fps.
I tried Ghost Recon Wildlands and my cpu usage on medium was about 70% on average with the occasional jump to 100% if I had to load something

I played Csgo and my average cpu usage was 50-70% and jumped up to about 89-90 every few minutes for a split second.

My temperatures are normal. No issues with anything in speccy.

Solution
See, I play all games on my ultrawide monitor at ultra at 3440x1440, a couple of them stutter like crazy, because they have the graphics. Games like: Metro LL, The Witcher 3.
I have the same CPU as you and cooler, OCed to 4.4GHz, plus the Asus Strix 980 ti. Think that might be the only difference.

Wubblezqq

Commendable
Sep 17, 2016

See a lot of people have been saying their usage goes to 100% when playing, but why am I getting this jittery stutter?

Geek Jed

Honorable
Jan 25, 2014
See, I play all games on my ultrawide monitor at ultra at 3440x1440, a couple of them stutter like crazy, because they have the graphics. Games like: Metro LL, The Witcher 3.
I have the same CPU as you and cooler, OCed to 4.4GHz, plus the Asus Strix 980 ti. Think that might be the only difference.

Solution