Question 100% CPU Usage while playing games

Mar 3, 2019
One day, I started experiencing crashing while playing games. I didn't know why it was happening so I started doing some tests. I opened up task manager and saw that I was using 100% of my CPU. I never noticed that this was happening previously but it seemed wrong. I asked my friends what their games were at and with similar specs, their game usage was about 30% lower than mine. I've been looking around and trying to figure out why this would be happening and i've really found nothing. My cpu is not over heating, all fans are working, after running a memory diagnostics, no problems came back. I don't really know what to do anymore because this is beyond frustrating.

specs:
CPU: Intel i5-6600k @3.5 ghz
GPU: strix gtx 1070
RAM: 32 GB corsair vengeance ddr4

thanks in advance

Lutfij

Titan
Are you at 100% during idle, soon after booting into OS GUI? If so, then you're experiencing what is known as memory leak. You should reinstall your OS from scratch after you've backed up your critical content. Also make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard.

For the sake of relevance, list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Mar 3, 2019
Are you at 100% during idle, soon after booting into OS GUI? If so, then you're experiencing what is known as memory leak. You should reinstall your OS from scratch after you've backed up your critical content. Also make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard.

For the sake of relevance, list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
I’m only experiencing the 100% usage when I’m playing a game. Almost every single game as well