100%Cpu ussage ,stutter, low gpu usage sometimes

itachixg

Honorable
Jan 30, 2017
system:
core i5 2500,gtx 1050,12gb ram, windows 7 ultimate, 500gb . 450 corsair 80 white. 1080p

my cpu will hit 100% in some games. causing stutter, while in others the gpu usage is dropping from time to time

Battlefield 1: cpu at 100% , the stutter makes the game umplayable the gpu is at 50 60 40%. even in big figths,( some people seems to have that problem in bf forums ),,acorrding to many videos it should run smoother even on ultra at 45fps at least.no matter the setting

planetside 2(medium or high):cpu at 85%. the stutter happens because the gpu uses like 40 50% even in the big action dont know why,read on forums some people experience that problem

overwatch,cpu almost hitting 90%. gpu stays at 80,90% but the gameplay is smoother. i feel like the cpu usage should be lower i saw videos.

raimbow six(medium): i can say this game run smoother however cpu is at 99 and same for the gpu. the only part when its drops and stuter in only sometimes produced by big explosions.

dota 2(all high): is smoother but the gpu never reaches 99% it stays at 75 80%. cpu stay at 80%. dont know why.

pubg(low):its smoother. cpu is like 80%. the gpu reaches 99%most of the time but is not consistent.i drop to 80 or 70%.

i know its not temperature cpu is 50c and gpu 61c at load.i have the newest drivers. windows clean installed.

the only think i could think off is replacing the cpu. because somehow i am cpu bottlenecked somehow dont know why.not sense

I would really aprecciate any help

Solution

Its probably because they assembled a custom library instead of having the GUI objects scattered across multiple files. Since the hard drive controller is software based, the CPU must do both tasks of running the program as well as directing the hard drive to to its work. This of course would drive the consumer to buy a processor twice the power they would need to do the same task compared to a system with a hardware base hard drive controller. What they did is try to sell everyone on these cheap SATA HDD controllers. SATA is 1/2 speed and wires to SAS, but isn't integrated into...

Lutfij

Titan
You forgot to include the in-game settings/game details as well as the resolution at which you game at.

I'm assuming you're on 12GB via a 2x4GB layout+2x2GB layout. Ideally you should be on 4x4GB or a 2x2GB layout. What is system resource usage when system is idling? If those numbers are all when system is being taxed, you're going to need to change to something more concurrent but that would be a hefty investment since you will need a new motherboard, CPU and ram combo. If the PSU is as old as your platform, then that would need a purchase as well.

itachixg

Honorable
Jan 30, 2017

ram is 8x4.psu is corsair 450 80 white. system resource usage on iddle is cpu 3% and ram 10% like 1,0gb

audiospecaccts

Upstanding
Oct 13, 2018
I'm thinking its the hard drive controller, since the ones on the motherboard are very low quality and leans on the cpu for operation. Other devices can cause this. USB devices are the common cause of loss of real time performance. You can check what drivers are causing the latency with the DPC latency checker or similar software.

itachixg

Honorable
Jan 30, 2017

already checked its says dxgkrnl.sys and ataport.SYS.

audiospecaccts

Upstanding
Oct 13, 2018

So the direct X kernel driver and the SATA driver. Ok, you need to flash all devices (including network printers) for the backdoor known as specter. Check for bios update for the intel microcode fix. you also need to do a rootkit check, as they don't install malware, instead, they edit the registry. Which makes it hard to clean out.

Yes, technically the SATA driver is causing your problems. You could move to a controller card. But that is not going to fix any specter intrusion issues.

itachixg

Honorable
Jan 30, 2017

sorry i didnt understand very well .what should i do to fix it?

audiospecaccts

Upstanding
Oct 13, 2018
first you need to test the system without the internet connection and observe the latency of the two drivers. Then on a separate machine, do like 4 or 5 bandwidth tests and write the results down. Now compare those speed with the test computer connected (at idle, with no games loaded).

If your systems is using a lot of internet without programs running, then your systems are infected.

Find and disable all network activity in the background (updates etc). Find a good schedule for yourself to manually update the machine.

I personally think its the computing platform. Hard drives controllers that require drivers are low end and will always will hog cpu resources. I personally think they do this on motherboards so they can "up sell" you the newer faster (supposedly) processor for you. So what's the drive's technology? SATA ?

either way, if you eliminate the badly written hard drive controller driver provided by Microsoft, it will make the system run better. The way to do this is with a real hard drive controller that has its own processor/host controller instead of a software emulation that runs in the CPU.

itachixg

Honorable
Jan 30, 2017

i read about ninety topics about those latency problems in 90% of the cases there is no solution. i test battlefield 4 on ultra no stutter at all why?

audiospecaccts

Upstanding
Oct 13, 2018

Its probably because they assembled a custom library instead of having the GUI objects scattered across multiple files. Since the hard drive controller is software based, the CPU must do both tasks of running the program as well as directing the hard drive to to its work. This of course would drive the consumer to buy a processor twice the power they would need to do the same task compared to a system with a hardware base hard drive controller. What they did is try to sell everyone on these cheap SATA HDD controllers. SATA is 1/2 speed and wires to SAS, but isn't integrated into consumer boards even though most would be able to take advantage of the full duplex operation because of the multitasking environment most consumers have now.

even getting a SATA host controller card would be a 80% improvement over the ones that is software based (built into most motherboards).
Mainly because Microsoft's SATA driver for these chips isn't programmed very well.

edit: also, the HDD driver is trying to operate in real time, which the video driver needs that for your display. Using a host controller, that has its own cpu to do the hard drive functions don't need a real time driver loaded for the HDD.

There could be also useless anti-virus malware protection junk. The reason why these things are junk programs is that they are damage control for taking care of things after. The main reason why the malware exists is because of Microsoft's poor ability to secure the customer's storage from the internet. I personally think these "protection software" firms get hackers to make a demand for their product.

Solution