[SOLVED] 100 % Cpu

manolis kokotsakis

Honorable
Mar 9, 2019
I have thinkpad 440s i7.
Second time that my cpu , with no reason went up to 100% usage for no reason. Task manager showed me 28% use of chrome. I close all tabs (around 6) the 100% continue for half minute after return to 3%.
I make update to chrome, but o dont believe is the reason.

Solution
manolis kokotsakis,

Your ThinkPad 440s accommodates 4th Generation i5 through i7 mobile processors limited to 15 Watts TDP, the fastest of which is the i7-4600U. Even though your processor is called an "i7" it's actually a low power / high Turbo Boost 2 Core / 4 Thread processor, which is somewhat similar to a desktop i3 with 2 Cores / 4 Threads.

This means unlike a 4th Generation desktop processor with 4 Cores / 8 Threads, it doesn't take much to drive it to 100% CPU usage. Since you're using Google Chrome, I would suspect that Chrome's "Software Reporter Tool" is the cause of your high CPU usage, which is a common problem that fits your description.

You might want to give this a try: How to disable Google Chrome...
Thanks, but this what have to do with my problem ? What is this service is doing and why you think make problems ? By thw way, was allready disabled.
I assume you're looking at Task Manager when you see that CPU usage jumps to 100%...then open the Details tab and sort by CPU column. At top are the processes using the CPU, check which are high and you got your culprit.

CompuTronix

Intel Master
manolis kokotsakis,

Your ThinkPad 440s accommodates 4th Generation i5 through i7 mobile processors limited to 15 Watts TDP, the fastest of which is the i7-4600U. Even though your processor is called an "i7" it's actually a low power / high Turbo Boost 2 Core / 4 Thread processor, which is somewhat similar to a desktop i3 with 2 Cores / 4 Threads.

This means unlike a 4th Generation desktop processor with 4 Cores / 8 Threads, it doesn't take much to drive it to 100% CPU usage. Since you're using Google Chrome, I would suspect that Chrome's "Software Reporter Tool" is the cause of your high CPU usage, which is a common problem that fits your description.

You might want to give this a try: How to disable Google Chrome Software Reporter Tool.

CT :sol:

Solution