Question 100% disk 1, 0% disk 0?

Simali

Prominent
Apr 4, 2019
I have a rather moderate build with a rx580 and an 2600x. Since rebuilding my pc in a new case Ice been having this problem where my disk 1 has been at a constant 100% and my disk 0 has been at 0%. I feel like this might be affecting my computer somehow in terms of performance. Any ideas why this might be or any fixes would be appreciated I'm young and new to making pcs

evidence: View: https://imgur.com/a/6FeOPFj

As the C: drive is the OS drive, naturally it will be far busier..

I'd be curious to see a sample of task manager when no browsers open, no games running, etc...

With power off completely (removed is safer) you can try swapping SATA data cables between drives, but, I'd also look at CrystalDIskInfo and/or GsmartControl data on both drives to see if any problems noted... (sometimes spinning drives that have suffered partial head crashes must do multiple read attempts during their often limited lifetimes remaining to get to/read the data, which slows down/ties up the whole computer with constant drive activity...

I'd be planning an SSD upgrade anyway if you have a spinning drive as an OS drive.... :)

Apr 16, 2019
As others have said, check if any application isn't thrashing your hard drive. Has the computer been freezing and locking up?

These are a collection of solutions, but it would be best to investigate if there is a specific cause before running though these solutions.

There are a few potential reasons and solutions to the problem:
Found on this on the forum, you could have issue relating to WMI (windows update)

Next (my solution), there can be an issue or problem with the Storage driver
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-problem/4891900b-ace5-4bef-9eb4-3bac4c5ad4eb

but honest a quick search on google comes up with lots of potential solution.

I would start by reinstalling your storage driver (There are know problems the base microsoft driver).

Start at the bottom and work your way up. You should not need to message around with all those other settings. The 100% issue is something fundamentally going wrong with some firmware/driver/software and not any specific windows feature.