Question 100% disk usage HELP

Jul 30, 2024
I’ve been dealing with 100% disk usage from my SATA SSD. It’s been causing extreme slowness on my pc that I can’t even trouble shoot it thoroughly without it causing a BSOD. I can’t check event viewer because everything becomes unresponsive to me as soon as I boot my PC.

What I have tried doing is:
Replacing the SSD. I have warranty, so I got a new one.
Changing the SATA cable and tried to put it in different ports
/SFC scannow in cmd as well as /chkdsk
Rebuilding my index
disabling windows search
disabling superfetch
reinstalling my OS with a USB pen drive using the media creation tool

I don’t understand why and how this is happening. It’s not a malware issue since this is a fresh installation of windows, there is nothing installed on my pc not even an AV. BSOD error message is critical process died. Sometimes after a blue screen it boots me into BIOS instead of windows and says there is no bootable device. (Usually I just restart the pc until it’s recognized)

Specs:
Asus z170-E Motherboard
16 gb crucial ram (2x8 GB 3200 MHZ)
RX 6500 XT GPU
I5-6500 CPU
600W PSU
1 TB SSD (blue western digital)

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time? It'd be a good idea to see if your SSD is pending any firmware updates.

If your disk usage is pegged at 100% as soon as you're booting into OS GUI, then you've got what is known as a memoryleak, this is s sign of your OS being corrupt, the only way around it is to reinstall your OS, after you've recreated your bootable USB installer for your OS.

Please be wary that memoryleak has been around since Windows 8.

js2

Jul 16, 2024
Check if your CPU is on recall. See if you can bootup a Linux live USB to test your RAM.

Its also possible you have a dodgy Windows install. Download media tool and make another bootusb.