Jul 30, 2024
Hello! I've recently encountered problems regarding my frames in game with my RTX 4090 TI. My system specs are the MSI RTX 4090 TI, Intel Core i9-13900k, 1000W PSU, MSI MAG Z690 Tomahawk MOBO, 32GB DDR5 Corsair Vengence 5000.

I primarily use the system for Microsoft Flight Simulator and had no problems until the last couple of months when I noticed a lack of frames in the game. My settings haven't changed at all, all that is new to the system was the upgraded CPU. I've looked into game forums to see what people recommend and I'm currently using all the recommended game settings and have everything addon related to the sim assigned in a different hard drive so that rules out potential memory leaks off a certain file in the game.

Recently I've averaged about 30 FPS in the game even with Frame Generation and Lossless Scaling both enabled. I tried turning on v-sync and got a smoother experience rather than G-Sync, which is my preferred setting as my monitor is a 240HZ G-SYNC monitor, and in any other game, MSFS G-SYNC had benefited smoothness all around.

A buddy of mine with an RTX-2080TI also with frame generation tried my settings as a benchmark and while I was getting roughly 30-33/34 frames he was sitting at 65.

I have no other ideas on what could be causing this and am hoping for some guidance. If there's any more info I can provide please let me know. Thanks

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The processor you have, has been the topic of discussion since it was revealed that there was a discrepancy during the manufacturing process for the processor. You can try and see if your motherboard is pending any BIOS updates and perhaps see if reinstalling your GPU drivers after using DDU, in an elevated command, helps alleviate the issue.