100% disk usage, PC freezes, drive disappears from BIOS after reset.

Sep 25, 2018
Sorry for the giant text wall, but I'd rather be as descriptive as possible.

I've recently been having an issue with my SSD (Corsair Force Series GS Red 480GB). Sometimes when I boot my PC up it sits at my motherboard splash screen with no Windows spinning circle to indicate that the OS is booting. Reseting it by pressing reset button has the same effect, but hard booting seems to get the OS to boot up just fine. As of today it got a little more complicated; everything froze up when I opened up the friends list in the Blizzard Battle.net desktop app and started dragging it to my 2nd monitor. During the freeze, I could still move the mouse cursor, but could not open task manager or click on anything else. After troubleshooting I come to see that my Disk Usage was at 100% as soon as I started to drag the friends list around. Then later on I find out that the drive isn't even being detected in the bios after I hit the reset button. My other 2 HDD's are in there but not the SSD, so I hard boot again and it boots up just fine. Since switching sata ports and power cable didn't fix the issue, I ended up uninstalling and moving the Battlenet app to one of my other hard drives. This fixed that issue, but aftewards I went into CCleaner to fix registry issues and just as it started to scan, the whole system locks up again with the same issues as before. I also did check the disk and it did find errors, but it did not end up fixing the overarching problem. Right now I'm assuming its either a bad SATA cable or a failing SSD, but thats why I'm here asking you guys for any input that might resolve this issue.

PC Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5 8600k
MOBO: ASRock Z370 Pro4
GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750w G3

Sep 25, 2018

Damn, I forgot to mention that I updated my SSD firmware earlier while troubleshooting and Windows is all up to date.

Sep 25, 2018

Here is a link to all my drives with the Corsair software, I looked up HDTune health and it looked similar to what this is.

Link to imgur

Sep 25, 2018

Below is a clip of what you requested; I hid the "file" column for privacy reasons. I also copied the data into an excel sheet for myself in case you reference a certain line.
Link to Streamable

File column is really important to understand, what the particular process does.

And there's no need for video. Simple screenshot is enough. Just order it by column total (you have ordered it by writes).
Privacy reasons? Did you mean username? You can edit that out. Not important.

It appears that you ran chkdsk to reallocate file system clusters to undamaged disk sectors yet the problem persists (That would be chkdsk c: /r from a command prompt ) ?

Based on the performance issue and the errors already found, I suggest that you back up the data and replace the drive. The question will be whether to clone the drive, as some clone/imaging apps say they can manage bad sectors, or to reinstall on the new drive.

Sep 25, 2018

Yeah, that's the direction I was leaning towards. If I do end up cloning my drive, can you recommend any software?

That is not the issue here.
Health of HDDs is fine. No relocated sectors there.
Relocated sectors for SSD is part of normal operation.

Sep 25, 2018
Another thing I forgot to mention is that after hard booting or just simply starting my PC for the day it sometimes boots without an internet connection. The icon in the system tray just has a yellow triangle icon over it and I usually have to unplug my ethernet cable and plug it back in.