100% Disk usage when i play ARMA 3

Brandon_21

Reputable
Nov 2, 2015
Guys, everytime i open something to do with arma 3, either the A3L launcher or Arma 3, the disk usage shoots up to %97 to %100, and it makes my game pretty unplayable as it frame drops everytime the disk usage goes up, can someone please help me?

Solution

Hey there again, Brandon.

You should definitely follow @Ziggy's suggestion and share your system specs.
In order to attempt to fix the issue, you should start by reinstalling the ARMA 3 game itself. This could potentially help with the HDD usage and the performance issues that you're encountering. If you have any anti-virus/malware utility activated, you should try disabling it as well.
In case it doesn't, you should definitely back up all the content from the HDD and test it using the brand-specific utility I mentioned in my previous post. If you cannot find this tool on the...
Hey there, Brandon!

If this 100% HDD activity spikes only during this game, then I'd strongly recommend you to try re-installing the software. Another thing you should do is run some anti-virus/malware software and make sure your system is not infected either.
If reinstalling the game doesn't help, you should definitely run the HDD manufacturer's brand-specific diagnostic tool and check up on the health and SMART status of the hard drive itself.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted with the troubleshooting! :)
SuperSoph_WD

Ziggy Starship

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Brandon_21 : "System and Compressed Memory Disk usage 100%"

You already posted this yesterday.
Code:
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3014510/disk-usage-100-play-arma.html

Hey there again, Brandon.

You should definitely follow @Ziggy's suggestion and share your system specs.
In order to attempt to fix the issue, you should start by reinstalling the ARMA 3 game itself. This could potentially help with the HDD usage and the performance issues that you're encountering. If you have any anti-virus/malware utility activated, you should try disabling it as well.
In case it doesn't, you should definitely back up all the content from the HDD and test it using the brand-specific utility I mentioned in my previous post. If you cannot find this tool on the official HDD manufacturer's website, refer to some third-party suggestions from the TH community.

Best of luck!
SuperSoph_WD

Solution