100% Disk Usage will not go away

winters.parker.s

Prominent
Oct 6, 2018
No matter what I do, my computer always has 100% disk usage

I’ve updated all my drivers, cleared temp files and virtual memory, disabled Windows Search and Superfetch, my computer WILL NOT WORK

It’s like a smug little snail. Mocking my every attempt to make it move faster.

Please help. Please.

Ralston18

Titan
Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to determine what application, service, or process is grabbing disk usage.

Remove as much as you can from Startup and see if performance returns to normal. Then add back applications one at at time to determine if one of them is buggy and causing the problem.

jzunec

Commendable
Nov 2, 2016
A long long time ago in a galaxy far far away i had the same problem with pentium 4 prescott :D

After two weeks of all possible and impossible things to try, a simple cleaning of cpu fan and heatsink did the job :) it gave it the room to breathe :)

If nothing else open up your computer and try this simple cleaning job :D

ankur121192

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2015
If you have already tried these, skip to the next, remember every single point is worth giving a try, and i will start with uncommon ones :
1. If you are using Nvidia GEForce Experience, Uninstall, reboot and check.
2. Go to windows security options and turn off cloud based security and automatic sample submission.
3. If still unsolved, those usual Turning off windows search and superfetch is worth a try.
4. If you do not need printer jobs, turn off printspoolsv service from services.
5. Set High performance as your power plan from power options.
6. Try to uninstall the windows Updates from the installed updates dialog.
Go on all of these one by one, nobody over the web knows sure culprit and different fixes work for different people. Fix #1 worked for me itself and i just tried that out of the blue. So worth giving a try.
"If anyone find this helpful please mark and help others looking for the solution"

Reactions: echung168

TRENDING THREADS