100% disk usage

jingleyorange

Prominent
Dec 14, 2017
Hey there all, for a while now I've had 100% disk usage, even from boot. I tried most things by following what other people had said, eventually I decided to reset my pc. After booting again everything was fine however the disk percentage now fluctuates like crazy and stays at 100 sometimes, the HDD is fairly old anyway and I'm considering upgrading to a SSD (probably around 120gb to store the os on), Is it possible I would still get 100% disk after installing the new Sdd, any help is much appreciated, thanks!

Solution

That is unlikely you will get 100% disk usage after replacing your old one.

It is possible though, if by any chance the thing causing the usage is software-related - but I doubt since you fully reset your PC (which I...

Rainzord

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2014

That is unlikely you will get 100% disk usage after replacing your old one.

It is possible though, if by any chance the thing causing the usage is software-related - but I doubt since you fully reset your PC (which I assume means you reinstalled windows from scratch).

Also, I'd recommend getting a 250gb SSD and not 125gb. It's always good to have few extra pounds and things are getting heavier and heavier. Also, some files and programs might also get installed there, so better get a 250gb. The price difference is low and it's totally worth it.

Solution