[SOLVED] 100% disk use in task manager

Nov 22, 2021
Hello I need help in task manager it shows me that my disk is used a lot (most of the time it is at 100%) and it makes my computer very laggy (it's a gaming laptop).
jb.png

I watched a lot of tutorials, I disabled sysmain, windows search, made a virus search and it still the same. Thanks for reading I hope someone can find a solution

You can afford a gaming laptop and €90 SSD is too expensive for you?
Crucial MX500 1TB costs ~€90 - €100.

Other option would be
backing up all used data and​
clean reinstall of windows onto 120GB SSD and​
reorganizing user data so most of it goes onto slow HDD instead of SSD.​

120GB can be enough, if you don't store user media (music, videos, games) onto it.

Nov 22, 2021
You can afford a gaming laptop and €90 SSD is too expensive for you?
Crucial MX500 1TB costs ~€90 - €100.

Other option would be
backing up all used data and​
clean reinstall of windows onto 120GB SSD and​
reorganizing user data so most of it goes onto slow HDD instead of SSD.​

120GB can be enough, if you don't store user media (music, videos, games) onto it.
Exactly, putting 100€ only for a storage seems expansive for me and I don't want to put so much money in a SSD but nevertheless thanks for the answers. Reinstalling windows would be my last option, I would prefer to find a way to repair my disk like uninstalling the apps in the background that makes my disk getting used that much (because when Iaunch my computer whitout starting any apps my disk is already at 100%) but I don't know how I can do that

Exactly, putting 100€ only for a storage seems expansive for me and I don't want to put so much money in a SSD but nevertheless thanks for the answers. Reinstalling windows would be my last option, I would prefer to find a way to repair my disk like uninstalling the apps in the background that makes my disk getting used that much (because when Iaunch my computer whitout starting any apps my disk is already at 100%) but I don't know how I can do that
You can pick around the edges a little but you should think about getting the OS on to the ssd.

Look in task manager/startup.
See what you can disable.

Look in task scheduler see if something jumps out as not needed to run.

I would prefer to find a way to repair my disk like uninstalling the apps in the background that makes my disk getting used that much (because when Iaunch my computer whitout starting any apps my disk is already at 100%) but I don't know how I can do that
You're using a slow SMR drive for windows OS drive. It's not meant for that.
SMR drives can be used for mass storage, backups, archives.
Any workload, that requires constant writes is terrible for those. Every write overwrites neighboring tracks on SMR drive. They have to be corrected in background.
Windows writes to OS drive all the time. It's a terrible idea to use SMR drive for windows OS drive.
Issues you're experiencing are typical for SMR drives. You're using the device for workload, it is not designed for.

It's like you're using a spoon to dig a large hole in the ground.
Can you do it? Well - sure.
But it's not designed for that. Use a shovel instead. It will be much more efficient.