100% Fan then No Post

VortXChannel

Honorable
Sep 21, 2014
I was playing Overwatch yesterday like I do everyday to relax but then I got some screen glitches (see video below) so I rebooted my PC and tried to play Overwatch again. It crashed every single game thereafter. I decided not to do anything yesterday since it was late and I had school today. Today, I tried to play Overwatch again but this time, instead of giving me a screen glitch, the screen went black and the fans on my 1080ti suddenly jumping to 100%. After this, every single time I try to boot my PC with the display connected to the 1080ti, the PC didn't post at all or it just didn't display on screen. When I connect the screen directly to the motherboard, the PC posts and I can login to my PC.

Video: https://youtu.be/Qonjq7MavVc

Whoever solves this, I'll gladly tip some crypto because I have a design project due next week.

VortXChannel

Honorable
Sep 21, 2014
I just noticed something weird. I had my HDMI plugged into motherboard and turned it off and waited before post finished and turned it off and it turned off instantly with a click. When I was on the Windows login screen, it took me holding down the power button to shut it down.
I then tried the same with my GPU; I waited 30 seconds (takes around 15 seconds for my system to load windows login screen) and I tried to click the power button but that didn't do anything and I had to hold the power button for my PC to turn off.
This leads me to believe that my system is posting+booting but for some reason my GPU wasn't displaying it?

TRENDING THREADS