Question 100% usage in-game when outside

Thrashtildeth92

Honorable
Mar 8, 2016
For the past two nights I've played Shadow of the tomb raider with pefect frames mostly and the occasional drop. Now that I've reached the hidden city, drops are constantly going between 50 and 70ps with my i7 4790k hitting 100% and loads of stutter.

I play this game at 1080p with everything on high with my MSI 980ti 6G. Surely I have decent enough spec to run this? as soon as I enter the next dungeon, I'm back at 100fps and my cpu barely touches 55%. Any help? Is this a possible bug because I've never hit full CPU usage until tonight. Has played like a dream so far

If you lower video settings/quality, and frame rates improve noticeably, then your GPU might be holding you back...

You can probably find SOTR benchmarks/results for your CPU/GPU combo on Youtube..
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjTArzbXXOw

Certainly, 4c/8t CPUs are under increasing strain as to maintaining adequate framerates in many titles...; game engines vary in GPU/CPU loadings at various points of the games, but, generally, being at only 55% CPU usage for an 8 thread CPU implies the CPU might be saturating the GPU. Lower visual quality/texture details, and see if FPS and CPU usage increases....