Question 100% usage on both GPU and CPU ?

Aug 15, 2024
I recently upgraded to a Ryzen 5700X3D CPU and an XFX 6800 GPU.
When running 3DMark I get 100% usage on both GPU and CPU.

Q1 --- Is my CPU bottlenecking my GPU?
Q2 --- Should I undervolt my CPU?

Mobo: msi x470 gaming plus
CPU: Ryzen 7 5700x3d
GPU: XFX 6800 Swift
RAM: 32gb 3200mhz team group ram
CPU cooler: ID cooling a620 pro se
Windows 10

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Look in Task Manager and Resource Monitor to find what processes and services are consuming CPU and GPU resources.

Performance Manager may help as well.

The objective being to identify and understand the problem(s) before taking remedial actions.

Aug 15, 2024
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Look in Task Manager and Resource Monitor to find what processes and services are consuming CPU and GPU resources.

Performance Manager may help as well.

The objective being to identify and understand the problem(s) before taking remedial actions.
Got it thanks. I should run task manager and resource monitor when benchmarking ?

Aug 15, 2024
What leads you to think this is "bottlenecking"?
100/100 would seem to be a perfect match. (for any and all of the misleading definitions of 'bottleneck')
Just a guess because my numbers aren’t as good as others with the same hardware. I also thought that the 5700x3d is a bit overkill for the 6800

USAFRet

Titan
Just a guess because my numbers aren’t as good as others with the same hardware. I also thought that the 5700x3d is a bit overkill for the 6800
It is pretty impossible, and useless, to compare your system with things you find online, by people who make videos about this.

Even if your hardware is identical, your software stack almost certainly isn't.

Is the performance acceptable to you?
If so, leave it alone.