[SOLVED] 1000 Mbit/s internet but only 30 MB/s download speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

nurman

Prominent
Mar 26, 2021
Im downloading only with around 30MB/s, but it shoud be more.
Internet tested, it shows everything is fine. Cable is fine.

bM29acP.png

No matter where i download, SSD or HDD, same 30MB/s speed.
Same in Epic Games, Steam and more.

Motherboard: Gigabyte H61M-S1 (rev 3.0)
CPU: i5-3470
SSD: Kingston A400 240gb
Cable: CAT 5e

I shoud get around 100 MB/s, am i right?

Last edited:
Solution
You are correct in theory you should get 100MBYTE.

This is very hard to say could be you have a much better data path to the speedtest site than the other server farms. If you would change speedtest to a different city/location you likely will see quite a variation in the speeds you get.

A couple things to blindy try may not make any difference.

Disable IPv6 in the nic settings, sometime ipv6 has a worse path in the internet, don't know if steam even uses ipv6.
Look for any QoS software on your pc, it comes bundled with motherboard and video card bloatware. Many times it is called CFOSspeed but anything that claims to favor one kind of network traffic should be uninstalled.
Try the command netsh interface tcp show global...

Dave8671

Distinguished
The speed of your internet connection has nothing to do with the drive speed. Depends on how many people sharing the connection where you live. Your speeds are much faster than mine.

Today my download is 340.9 download and upload is 21.8 on a Ethernet connection. I did another test on and the download was 331.8 and 21.8 upload. before I posted.

You are correct in theory you should get 100MBYTE.

This is very hard to say could be you have a much better data path to the speedtest site than the other server farms. If you would change speedtest to a different city/location you likely will see quite a variation in the speeds you get.

A couple things to blindy try may not make any difference.

Disable IPv6 in the nic settings, sometime ipv6 has a worse path in the internet, don't know if steam even uses ipv6.
Look for any QoS software on your pc, it comes bundled with motherboard and video card bloatware. Many times it is called CFOSspeed but anything that claims to favor one kind of network traffic should be uninstalled.
Try the command netsh interface tcp show global check that autotuning is "normal", you could try to disable it but it should make it worse but some people claim it makes it better.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS