Question 1050 Ti upgrade ?

SamSmart1

Reputable
Nov 13, 2019
Hi guys,

I'm looking to upgrade my 1050 Ti without having to upgrade my 500w PSU.

I've been looking at 4060's but I'm unsure how compatible this will be. PCPARTPICKER says 315W with everything else being the same other than my GPU. Does anyone know how accurate PCPARTPICKER is as I dont want to upgrade my GPU and then need to upgrade my PSU and having to rewire everything as I'm lazy lol.

I have linked my specs below.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/Z7m36D

Note: PSU is maybe around 10 years old now, so I'll probably have to upgrade just want some tips if possible :)

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Following that, please include the budget for your GPU purchase, where you're located and what your preferred site for purchase is.

As for your point about the power draw;
https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-rtx-4060.c4107
this should help though you should keep in mind that the wattage isn't the only thing you look at in a PSU, it's the build quality of the unit. To add, an aged PSU will not output the same amount of power as it did when brand new due to internal wear and tear.

Last edited:

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
10 year old Aerocool should certainly be replaced if you are going for a larger GPU, both due to age, and the boost behavior of the newer cards. Really depends on what you have to spend what to recommend.

If you were looking at RTX4060, you might also consider the RX7600. It is a bit slower, but also $40 cheaper.

PSUs have come up in price, so you would be looking at around $60 minimum for a new one. $75-90 or so for one I would recommend for another ten years.

SamSmart1

Reputable
Nov 13, 2019
10 year old Aerocool should certainly be replaced if you are going for a larger GPU, both due to age, and the boost behavior of the newer cards. Really depends on what you have to spend what to recommend.

If you were looking at RTX4060, you might also consider the RX7600. It is a bit slower, but also $40 cheaper.

PSUs have come up in price, so you would be looking at around $60 minimum for a new one. $75-90 or so for one I would recommend for another ten years.
would you recommend an increase in PSU or would 500 be suitable?