[SOLVED] 1050Ti DisplayPort doesn't work despite numerous tests and tweaks ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARadu

Prominent
Jul 18, 2022
Hi,

I've recently changed my MOBO, RAM and CPU, and transferred storage and my Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1050Ti on it. My main issue is as follows: the GPU doesn't display when I connect my DP into it.

What I've checked so far:

• The BIOS detects that the PCIe slot is occupied.
  • The BIOS settings for the Integrated GPU are set on Enabled, not Auto.
  • CPU-Z detects the GPU correctly.
  • The GPU is properly inserted into the Mobo and the PCIe connector is well in. I heard the clicks, the fans are spinning, and the LEDs light up.
  • The PC posts and displays if the DP is in the Mobo's DP port. The cable and the monitor work.
  • The storage was fully wiped, and I installed the latest NVIDIA drivers for my GPU. GeForce Experience confirms it and it can also detect the GPU.
What am I missing? Is my GPU broken and what others test can I run to figure it out?

Full specs:
Motherboard: GIGABYTE B660M GAMING DDR4
CPU: Intel Alder Lake, Core i3-12100 3.3GHz
RAM: Kingston FURY Beast 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Dual Channel Kit
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti OC WINDFORCE, 4GB GDDR5, 128-bit
Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
Storage 2: Seagate Barracuda HDD 1TB
PSU: Corsair CX450M 2021, 80+ Bronze, 450W

PS: The GPU is behaving strangely. It turns on at the start (judging by fan and clock speed info given by GeForce Experience), and then the fans stop and the clocks speed stays in the 130 range with 45-ish Watts consumption.

Last edited:

ARadu

Prominent
Jul 18, 2022
One more thing: I went into GF Experience and I could see in the Alt+Z->Performance tab that my graphics card is running at 0,7Volts, 43Wats and 130MHz, with 0 fan speed.

Is my GPU not getting enough power from the PSU or are these the readings of the integrated GPU?

ARadu

Prominent
Jul 18, 2022
One more thing: I went into GF Experience and I could see in the Alt+Z->Performance tab that my graphics card is running at 0,7Volts, 43Wats and 130MHz, with 0 fan speed.

Is my GPU not getting enough power from the PSU or are these the readings of the integrated GPU?

Second update on this: Shut down the rig, pressed the power connectors into the PSU and GPU again, and booted.

No display from the GPU, but the fan did start, and the initial 10s-ish of running I registered higher clock speeds (>1.3k). The fan shut off and the GPU is back at around 130MHz

ARadu

Prominent
Jul 18, 2022
And tne point is, will the 1050 ti display with a HDMI cable ?
Still trying to get a HDMI, but I have found something else:

The fans spin only for 10s after I press the power switch and turn on the PC. The fans stop afterwards and never turn on again.

I've pressed on the cables into the PSU and into the GPU, to make sure that they are in all the way. GeForce Exp says that that GPU is only at 47Wats.

ARadu

Prominent
Jul 18, 2022
Does the monitor automatically detect the input ? Sure that you don’t have the choose from a menu in the monitor ?
Yes, it automatically switches to whatever input is plugged in.

Found some cat bites on the cable, so it might be that. But the DP worked fine when plugged into the Mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.