1050Ti doesn't give display

Sep 20, 2018
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H
CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2Ghz
SSD: Toshiba OCZ TR200 SSD 240GB SATA3
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 8GB 2x4GB CL9
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1050Ti GAMING X 4GB GDDR5
Power Supply: Couldn't find the name but it's a 650w.
Screen: I couldn't find the name, but it only has a VGA port.

The graphic card I had before was a Gigabyte Radeon HD 7790 OC 2GB GDDR5.

My HDD died and my GPU was starting to have some problems, so yesterday I bought the SSD and the 1050Ti but new problems arose. I'm going to write what I've done and the results to give the the maximum amount of info for you guys to help me.

I connected everything to the motherboard and connected the 6-pin to de GPU. I had a VGA-DVI adaptor, so I connected the screen to the GPU and it didn't display any image. I then connected the VGA to the motherboard and still no image.

The problem was the GPU. With the GPU disconnected I was able to get an image, installed W10 (new SSD, remember) and then tried again to connect the GPU again and connect the screen to it. No image. Still connected, I connected the VGA to the motherboard and I didn't get image either.

Reading some posts I knew I had to update the BIOS so I downloaded @BIOS and updated it.

GPU connected and screen connected to GPU: no image.
GPU connected and screen connected to motherboard: I DID GET IMAGE.
That was an improvement, but the GPU still didn't work.

All GPU drivers installed (by GeForce Experience) and still nothing when screen connected to GPU.

In BIOS setup PCIe Slot 1 have priority over other ones.

Aida64 recognizes the GPU as well as GeForce Experience. Its LEDs are working and the fans start spinning at the begining and then shutdown (only work when over 60º I think)

Thanks to everybody in advance.

Edit: I’ve seen that the graphic card does not support VGA. Is that true? My VGA>DVI-D is a simple piece without cables and some people say that it has to be an active adaptor and others say that graphic cards since the 900 series do not support VGA at all. Should I buy a VGA>HDMI active adaptor? Will that work?

Solution
Yeah 10 series has no analogue (VGA) output at all.

Youll need either an active HDMI/DVI/DP -> VGA adapter, or get a better monitor that has digital connections.