Question 1060 3gb with dual monitor

Jun 10, 2019
I will be buying an aoc monitor which is 144 hz with 1 ms response time 25'' which is curved, and i already have a philips monitor 5ms response time 60hz 27'' for my current pc, i wish to use one for gaming(aoc) and the other for multi tasking, social media etc, will my gpu which is a 1060 3gb be able to run them with 16 ddr4 ram and an i5-7400 cpu ?

I will be buying an aoc monitor which is 144 hz with 1 ms response time 25'' which is curved, and i already have a philips monitor 5ms response time 60hz 27'' for my current pc, i wish to use one for gaming(aoc) and the other for multi tasking, social media etc, will my gpu which is a 1060 3gb be able to run them with 16 ddr4 ram and an i5-7400 cpu ?

I run multi screens all the time- you should have no problem running the game on one screen and having some light stuff open on the second, should have minimal impact on performance (be careful not to run anything cpu intensive on second screen though, e.g. a video as that i5 will be used pretty much fully for the game- a web page or music player on second screen shouldn't be a problem though).

The only thing I'm not 100% sure on is if you will be able to run high refresh rate on one screen and the second at 60hz, as I've only ever paired up screens with the same refresh rate- I think it should work ok but thought I'd mention that as never tried it, all my screens are 60hz.

Reactions: CrEaMy03