[SOLVED] 1060 6GB Xtreme Edition + NZXT H500 airflow

Feb 5, 2020
Hi! I've done a full hardware upgrade, the only part I haven't swapped is my NZXT H500 case. My new card is a GIGABYTE Aorus 1060 Xtreme Edition 6G, which is - to say the least - pretty bulky. My main problem is that the VGA sits too low in the case (it covers all the PCI slots) and I fear that the airflow won't be enough for it. What's your opinion? Do I have any option for a bit better airflow? (Except for a new case).

Here are some photos:
View: https://imgur.com/a/HcrdKXe

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I had to go hunting for that case since I know for a fact that the H500 never was meant to be an matx chassis. Upon digging you have the H400 case by NZXT not the H500.

That being said, you're not in any issue. If you want closure in why I said you're fine...? The GTX1060 6GB isn't a hot headed card even if you overclocked it to death. With that in mind, the card is ridiculous to come out as triple slot card when 2 slot coolers are able to keep the card well under thermal throttling.

Lutfij

Titan

I had to go hunting for that case since I know for a fact that the H500 never was meant to be an matx chassis. Upon digging you have the H400 case by NZXT not the H500.

That being said, you're not in any issue. If you want closure in why I said you're fine...? The GTX1060 6GB isn't a hot headed card even if you overclocked it to death. With that in mind, the card is ridiculous to come out as triple slot card when 2 slot coolers are able to keep the card well under thermal throttling.

Reactions: ShishaMan0
Solution

hutchl

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2014
It looks like it should be enough clearance for air flow. You want ideally 1/2 inch for air flow minimum. The only way to really be sure is to test it and record your thermals. But considering the 1060 is a fairly cool running card it should be fine.

Last edited:

HALIFAX3

Reputable
Apr 24, 2019
If it makes you feel better I happen to have a Vega 56 red dragon shoe horned into a h200i. Thermals are okay. I did however put new fans in the front of the case to help with air flow.

Feb 5, 2020

Thanks, you're right, I totally mixed it up. Thanks for the answer everyone! Temps seem alright :) I'll sleep in peace.