1060 Low GPU Usage

Aldington

Commendable
Jun 19, 2016
Everytime I play GTA 5, the 1060 usage is around 70%-98% in small areas but when I go into the larger areas like the city, the gpu usage drops to around 40%-77%. Is this a problem with GTA or just bottleneck? Cpu is the i5 4690.

Solution

This is why you don't go by % of usage but by benchmarks. Have you checked the FPS you are getting in the game? Is it about the same as benchmarks for the 1060 card? Just looking at % of CPU or video card will not give you much unless you actually have issues and not just looking at the usage numbers. If your FPS is say 20 for a good system, then you look at where the issue is. If you are at 50 FPS on max settings, then % use does not matter, the system is running as it should.

This is why you don't go by % of usage but by benchmarks. Have you checked the FPS you are getting in the game? Is it about the same as benchmarks for the 1060 card? Just looking at % of CPU or video card will not give you much unless you actually have issues and not just looking at the usage numbers. If your FPS is say 20 for a good system, then you look at where the issue is. If you are at 50 FPS on max settings, then % use does not matter, the system is running as it should.

Solution