1070 gtx and ....Everquest

gerrardest0331

Prominent
Feb 11, 2018
I am currently using a gtx 1070. Everquest is running terrible on it because of the directx 12. If i install another graphic card, can i dedicate it to play eq or? I am just at a loss because everquest is unplayable with the lag issues im getting.

Specs:
GPU 1070gtx
CPU: i7 7700k
Ram: 16g vengance

ive tried alot of things and now im just stuck...

Solution
I'm not sure I understand your question-are you saying Everquest is running using DX12? I don't play everquest but I doubt thats the case since the game came out in 1999 or so. If you are having issues I may suggest running the DirectX installer to see if there's any missing libraries and even see if there's an API option and set it to use a different one.
I'm not sure I understand your question-are you saying Everquest is running using DX12? I don't play everquest but I doubt thats the case since the game came out in 1999 or so. If you are having issues I may suggest running the DirectX installer to see if there's any missing libraries and even see if there's an API option and set it to use a different one.

Solution

or running in in compatibility mode with Win98
helps with some old games

gerrardest0331

Prominent
Feb 11, 2018
well, what i have been told that eq only uses dx9. anything more and it just bog down the machine. 1000 series + uses dx12 and doesnt support dx9 right?

im just trying to figure out how to make my game not lag so bad.... its unplayable.. =(

All GPUs support the older APIs such as DX9 etc. Run the runtime installer, try running the game in compatibility mode (windows 7 perhaps?) and go from there. Also can you describe the lag you speak of-is the gameplay choppy/framerate really low?

You were told wrong. DX 12 capable cards run DX 9 very well. Better than DX 9 only cards, by a long shot. GPU's are backward compatible. The problem is most likely your CPU, or internet connection. It may also be possible, if the game isn't still being updated, that Windows 10 may have some issues with it.