Question 1070ti GPU Driver Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wafcon

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2016
Hey all!

Long story short, I have a Pc with 2 1070tis in it. I took 1 out to replace a fan and figured I'd still use the pc with the other still in.

Upon booting, only 1 of my 2 monitors functioned, so I figured I'd update the drivers. Here's the issue: I've tried updating the drivers with GeForce experience, directly through NVidia, rolling back drivers, all to no avail.

windows refuses to recognize the card properly. I get no error messages, everything will say that the driver has been installed, etc etc, but my windows still says it is using the basic video adapter.

I am using hdmi through the 1070ti card itself, and I've even tried disabling internal graphics, so I know the card works, but I don't know what's happening otherwise. I can see the 1070ti adapter in the device manager, but for whatever reason I cant get windows to switch over. I also can't seem to open NVidia control panel, I've tried reinstalling it and resetting it but it wont open. Also, GeForce experience wont let me click on anything besides just the drivers tab, I cant access the settings or the home page or anything. Not sure if that's related.

I'm pretty stumped, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

My card is:

Gigabyte GeForce® GTX 1070 Ti WINDFORCE 8G

Status
Not open for further replies.