1070ti with low performance

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jan 5, 2019
Hi,

System is
gtx 1070ti
ryzen 7 1700
600W FPS Psu
2x8 gb 3200mhz ram
b350m-a mainboard

But i have low fps' in games. For example i got 50-60fps in GTA 5 with ultra setting. I play at 1080p. Another ex. is assasin creed origins. i have 35fps in it. What do you think the problem is?

Jan 5, 2019

Yeah i have checked the cores. Rarely one of them goes to %80-%100. But usually under %50 and still have fps drops. It drops from 50 to 30 and this is annoying. Does that mean ryzen 7 1700 can't hold a 2017 game or the problem is AC's optimization? I'm not sure cuz my benchmarks are not good.

well r7 1700 should handle it just fine, but your edition is underperfoming
what is your cpu frequency when those drops happens?
userbenchamrk shows that cpu throttling is happening

or run cpu stress test, and in hwinfo64 check you cpu temperatures/power usage

Jan 5, 2019

All cores always (not just in drops) runs at 3650Mhz. CPU is 60c. But the problem is not only drops. Average FPS is too low. I will check power usage and core voltage and post it.

I think I would go nuclear at this point...
- hard cmos clear, enable xmp
- clean windows install, mobo drivers from manufacturer site after win10 finishes updates
- nvidia driver install - only the driver an physx (not experience or any of the others)
- no antivirus except windows defender
- install a game and see if there is improvement

Would look at 4 (at least all-core at your max boost), 6, and 7 (this helped my framerate a lot):
https://www.pcworld.com/article/3180511/components-processors/7-amd-ryzen-tips-and-tricks-to-maximize-your-pcs-performance.html

Jan 5, 2019

Thank you. I refund AC. I check every trick in that link. i have asus mainboard. i read that asus mainboards don't have this setting. But i disabled it from device manager. I have witcher installed now. I got 70FPS in 1080p ultra setting. It's good i guess. I think something wrong with AC. And the GTA online i got 60FPS in it. I guess when i play online FPS is lower. So i guess there is no problem.