1080p 144hz or 1440p 60hz monitor?

Solution
There are lots of opinions on refresh vs resolution. To me, a lot of it depends on what types of games you play. If you like to play competitive fps games, then I would go for the high refresh rate monitor. If you like to play RPG or strategy games, then I would go for the 1440p.

I'll say this, it is a more expensive option, but once you have seen gsync, it is hard to play on a monitor without it. Its like seeing HD for the first time, you can't unsee it. lol
There are lots of opinions on refresh vs resolution. To me, a lot of it depends on what types of games you play. If you like to play competitive fps games, then I would go for the high refresh rate monitor. If you like to play RPG or strategy games, then I would go for the 1440p.

I'll say this, it is a more expensive option, but once you have seen gsync, it is hard to play on a monitor without it. Its like seeing HD for the first time, you can't unsee it. lol

Solution

LightningStriker

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2014

I agree with feelinfroggy777. It all comes down to the type of games you play. Also if you will go with a 1440p monitor make sure your pc can handle that resolution with stable fps.

JBDelta

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2014
Up to you as the other guys have already stated. If you want to play competitively, then by all means the 144Hz 1080p monitor, if not and you're just a casual gamer, you can pick up the 1440p 60Hz one and possibly even raise the Hz to 75Hz! Some 60Hz monitors are capable of accomplishing this so give it a try! Hope this helps!