1080p 144hz or 1440p 60hz?

Apr 1, 2018
I have 60hz 1080p monitor, and I want to upgrade to a better monitor. The options are:
1. 60hz 1440p
2. 144hz 1080p
3. To stay with what I have (60 hz 1080p)
So what is better, higher resolution or higher refresh rate? And is the higher refresh rate noticeable?
Also will I notice the difference in resolution (I have 23.5" monitor and I want to buy a similar size)?
I usually use my computer for watching videos and play some video games like Titanfall, Dirty Bomb, Prison Architect, Surviving Mars and other similar games (I know that they are from completely different genres but that's what I play ) .
Thanks ahead for the help.

Solution
higher refresh rate=smoother motion, high res=sharper and more room for work. it is kinda toss up, depend on your needs, things would look sharper in higher resolution smaller screen, also you might easily notice the difference when you switch to higher resolution screen because of things might looks smaller but also spacier which would be a really good thing if you do a lot of multitasking

nvincent_08

Reputable
higher refresh rate=smoother motion, high res=sharper and more room for work. it is kinda toss up, depend on your needs, things would look sharper in higher resolution smaller screen, also you might easily notice the difference when you switch to higher resolution screen because of things might looks smaller but also spacier which would be a really good thing if you do a lot of multitasking

Solution