1080p doesn't fit monitor

Vincent Tsoi

Reputable
Apr 26, 2015
I have a 1080p native resolution monitor, but the display goes beyond the monitor and I can't see the start button. I'm using gtx 770 graphics card, and my monitor is Samsung syncmaster b2230hd. Does anybody have any idea with what is happening to my system?

Solution
First check your video settings from Windows and make sure it's set to 1920x1080. If it is, then the problem is with your graphics settings. Just open up the Nvidia control panel and adjust your overscan. I once had that problem with a Samsung display where everything appeared too small for my screen.. I just adjusted the overscan and it was perfect. A third option would be to use your monitors built in controls. Some have an auto adjust feature... and some you have to adjust the horizontal and vertical manually... with the remote or monitor's built-in buttons.

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
First check your video settings from Windows and make sure it's set to 1920x1080. If it is, then the problem is with your graphics settings. Just open up the Nvidia control panel and adjust your overscan. I once had that problem with a Samsung display where everything appeared too small for my screen.. I just adjusted the overscan and it was perfect. A third option would be to use your monitors built in controls. Some have an auto adjust feature... and some you have to adjust the horizontal and vertical manually... with the remote or monitor's built-in buttons.

Solution

Vincent Tsoi

Reputable
Apr 26, 2015
I tried to resize the desktop, yes it works, but its native resolution change to 1842x1026. Also, the fonts are blurry and don't seem like fitting pixel to pixel. You have any idea to this?