[SOLVED] 1080Ti crash on Heaven Benchmark

Neod!mium

Prominent
Mar 16, 2020
The graphics card is almost new, my dad is a sailor and he doesn't use his pc almost at all, he uses mostly his laptop 95%, and he plays war of warships sometimes and he's bad at it xD
So he gave me a graphics card because their price went fiercely high. He will take one from the USA because he sails, it is not a problem for him to take it and bring it to Europe for a lower price.

So.
Gtx 1080Ti
i was thinking of overclocking it a bit over Msi afterburner, i saw people overclocking it really high.

But as soon as 20 Mhz and 20 are added to the memory
The Heavenbenchmark crashes at the beginning of the test.

My temperatures are more than good, no more than 60c during the benchmark (by default)

I can't even measure them on overclocking because the application crashes instantly.

What's the problem?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BztEG7QClkM

this is how it behaves ... but the card is good, I didn't find any problems

Solution
but the card is good
if the card cannot handle even a slight overclock then it is not "good".
it may be new and it may function fine at default clock speeds but that doesn't necessarily mean that it is good in a sense that it can handle overclocking.
which GTX 1080 Ti is it?

try raising the Power Limit % 10-15% at a time and continue trying to up the Core Clocks as you do.
wait until you have a stable Core Clock to start on the Memory Clock.
but the card is good
it may be new and it may function fine at default clock speeds but that doesn't necessarily mean that it is good in a sense that it can handle overclocking.
which GTX 1080 Ti is it?

try raising the Power Limit % 10-15% at a time and continue trying to up the Core Clocks as you do.

Solution

Neod!mium

Prominent
Mar 16, 2020
which GTX 1080 Ti is it?

Here they explained to me everything how and why

The maximum I got was

• 15% Power
  • 50MHz
  • 200Mhz memory

But there is almost no difference maybe 1-2 frames (144-> 145) (340-> 342)
for 1 - 2 frames I don't want my afterburner to spin in the background and further damage my graphics card.

I will remove those programs because I don’t need them.

on this page everything is nicely explained:

you should watch the video for good information

ty for answere

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Overclocking Nvidia's gpus hasn't been all that great since their 10 series. They're pretty difficult to prove stable due to Gpu Boost.
Think you have a stable OC, but in one application, it dropped 15mhz cause it ran 7C hotter on the boost curve.
Or in another application, it drops 75mhz cause it kept running into power limit.
You have to retest if those clocks change.

Reactions: John Chesterfield
But there is almost no difference maybe 1-2 frames (144-> 145) (340-> 342)
yep using Afterburner with my FTW3 1080 Ti i had Power Limit %, Core Clock, & Memory Clock sliders all the way to the right and it only boosted my FPS a few points in most games.

it may make a more noticeable difference with FE cards or other variants but most of mine have been some sort of factory OC editions anyway.

Neod!mium

Prominent
Mar 16, 2020
yep using Afterburner with my FTW3 1080 Ti i had Power Limit %, Core Clock, & Memory Clock sliders all the way to the right and it only boosted my FPS a few points in most games.

it may make a more noticeable difference with FE cards or other variants but most of mine have been some sort of factory OC editions anyway.

I understand all that, don't worry, it just annoys me

The processor runs at max 88C
And the gpu works at a real temperature somewhere around 30c and the temperature rises to 55c when I play for hours (2K full wide screen)

60c is only when I play the benchmark for an hour fullScreen

i wanted to use that 25-30c of space for overclocking ... but it seems like none of that

everyone is talking about some temperatures of 80c-90c

(I have experienced over 100c on a laptop)

and this graphics card stands at 60c whatever it does

although I changed the paste, I cleaned it, and next to it there is a custom air cooling 3x 2000rpm max fan for the case ... I ordered them before because I had a 780Ti (basic version) that was very hot

but still fans never run at 100%, always at 50-60%

which puts me in question .... maybe it doesn't give full performance because they are locked with some security key for some reason.
But they shouldn't be because he achieves good results on the benchmark.

Admittedly her heat sink is really big .... if that's why she's so cold I'll take the next one again from "Zotac".

https://www.tomshw.it/data/images/1...lusioni-525026a683a28c0514ab90165d20cc294.jpg

this is what it looks like

Neod!mium

Prominent
Mar 16, 2020
your 1080 Ti GPU temps are just as they should be.
almost the same as my EVGA FTW3.

the reason your Zotac doesn't allow any decent overclock could just be a weak and/or unreliable power supply.

CPU temps are much higher than i would ever allow but not anything dangerous.

Evga 750 bq is my power supply
Cpu temps is 88 max at full speed long stress test.... 30c idle

Evga 750 bq is my power supply
that is a lower tiered power supply.
basically designed for a low end system, not for gaming or other heavy processing.

one thing you could try with the GPU is make sure you have two separate PCIe power cables connected, not a single cable daisy-chained to both power inputs.
but i would still replace the power supply with something more reliable.

TRENDING THREADS