1080Ti died, had a waterblock on it.

Sprightt

Prominent
May 8, 2017
So my 1080ti broke, i didn't test it before hand and put a waterblock on top instantly when i got my gpu and i turns out its broken. My screens keep flickering to black and can't access windows. Does this void my warranty? I bought it from nvidia itself.

Solution
Just put it back in its original manufactured state and send it in. The worse they can do is deny the claim if they think the heat sink was removed.

Looking at the nVidia website. I see no mention of heat sink removal. It would be up to them if they notice it to decide if it constitutes misuse, abuse and/or customer caused damage.

If they do deny the claim. Perhaps they will offer a discounted repair or you can get it back and sell if for parts only on eBay.
Just put it back in its original manufactured state and send it in. The worse they can do is deny the claim if they think the heat sink was removed.

Looking at the nVidia website. I see no mention of heat sink removal. It would be up to them if they notice it to decide if it constitutes misuse, abuse and/or customer caused damage.

If they do deny the claim. Perhaps they will offer a discounted repair or you can get it back and sell if for parts only on eBay.

Solution