1080ti + monitor without Gsync

Sep 12, 2018
So my doubt is simple: will I get a smooth experience if I buy a 1440p monitor without Gsync? I really don't care about crazy high fps and refresh rates, I just play non-competitive games and the only thing I care about is having a smooth and stutter-free experience (and tearing-free as well if possible). Right now I'm playing games like AC:O, Tomb Raider, The Witcher, Monster Hunter World, etc.

My rig is a Gtx 1080ti, r5 2600x, x370 taichi and 16GB 2933 RAM (OC).

Solution
Similar to you, I have a 1080 ti and the monitor I'm testing out right now is capped at 60 Hz, no Gsync.

To confirm what Traditore says, I'm using Nvidia's Fast Sync which seems to be working well. (Tried all of the other options too; YMMV).

I might keep this monitor and use Fast sync when needed but am still looking into other, faster refresh monitors. In case this helps you decide.

magicalkhajiit

Reputable
Sep 28, 2018
Similar to you, I have a 1080 ti and the monitor I'm testing out right now is capped at 60 Hz, no Gsync.

To confirm what Traditore says, I'm using Nvidia's Fast Sync which seems to be working well. (Tried all of the other options too; YMMV).

I might keep this monitor and use Fast sync when needed but am still looking into other, faster refresh monitors. In case this helps you decide.

Solution