[SOLVED] 1080ti not working properly in several games in a new PC - PCI Driver missing.

Jan 8, 2022
Hello.

I recently sold my Zotac Extreme 1080ti to a friend, it has never been minned or OC'd. The card was working perfectly fine.

He installed it on his rig, MOBO Maximum VIII Ranger with an i7 8700k.

The display is okay, no artifacts, everything runs smoothly, except the games. He has tried running R2D2 / Just Cause 3 and they give similar "errors".

Sin-t-tulo.png
Sin-t-tulo.png

He tried fully formating his PC, installing the drivers over and over again, and nothing seems to solve the issue.

The card is detected in device manager, however, the PCI driver and some others are missing, this may be related to the errors he's getting?

Sin-t-tulo.png

If anyone has any insights I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

Solution
First of all, is this issue widespread in each and every game he plays on this GPU ? Which PSU/power supply unit he is using ? Anyway, this sounds more like a software/app/game related error, rather than actual hardware, in my opinion. Full PC specs of his system ?

Was the he facing similar issues prior to installing the 1080 Ti as well ? Or, this has been his first GPU ? List other games as well, apart from Red Dead redemption ,Just Cause 3 . By R2D2, you meant to say RDR2, aka Red Dead Redemption, or some other PC game ??

So let's start to narrow down this issue first. If this solution given below does NOT still work, then obviously there might be some other issue with his Gaming PC. Anyway, ask him to try this solution for RDR2...
First of all, is this issue widespread in each and every game he plays on this GPU ? Which PSU/power supply unit he is using ? Anyway, this sounds more like a software/app/game related error, rather than actual hardware, in my opinion. Full PC specs of his system ?

Was the he facing similar issues prior to installing the 1080 Ti as well ? Or, this has been his first GPU ? List other games as well, apart from Red Dead redemption ,Just Cause 3 . By R2D2, you meant to say RDR2, aka Red Dead Redemption, or some other PC game ??

So let's start to narrow down this issue first. If this solution given below does NOT still work, then obviously there might be some other issue with his Gaming PC. Anyway, ask him to try this solution for RDR2, Red Dead Redemption, assuming he is playing this particular game.

I also assume he is having a LEGIT copy of these games, and not some cracked/pirated version ? Anyway, one quick solution for RDR2 would be to delete and remove all the files starting with the SGA prefix from this location (only delete the files that have SGA_ attached to the name. Do NOT delete any of the .BIN files though.

Those SGA files can be found under this directory/folder:: "C:\Users\<your Windows username>\Documents\Rockstar Games\Red Dead Redemption 2\Settings".

Doing this should fix the ERR_GFX_STATE error message. Another method as given below.

Add -ignorepipelinecache launch argument via the game's launcher.

Rockstar Games Launcher
  1. Start the Rockstar Games Launcher
  2. Select Settings
  3. Under My installed Games Select Red Dead Redemption 2
  4. Scroll down to Launch arguments
  5. In the Launch Options box, add -ignorepipelinecache
  6. Select Games
  7. Launch Red Dead Redemption 2
Epic Games Launcher
  1. Start the Epic Games Launcher
  2. Select Settings
  3. Scroll down to Red Dead Redemption 2
  4. Tick the box Additional Command Line Arguments
  5. In the text box, add -ignorepipelinecache
  6. Return to the Main Menu
  7. Launch Red Dead Redemption 2
Steam Launcher
  1. Start Steam
  2. Under Library, right-click on Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Select Properties
  4. Select Set Launch Options
  5. In the text box, add -ignorepipelinecache
  6. Select OK
  7. Close the Properties window
  8. Launch Red Dead Redemption 2
As a side note, I have the following 4 SGA files on my system.

sga_vulkan_final_init.pipelineMarkerFile, sga_vulkan_final_init.vkPipelineCacheHeaderWindows, sga_vulkan_final_init.vkPipelineCacheWindows, and sga_vulkan_final_init.vkWarmupCacheWindows.

Solution