Question 1080TI only uisng 2x PCIE lanes

isuckatusernames

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013
Hello,
I have recently noticed that my 1080TI is only using 2 PCIE lanes instead of 16. When I first opened GPUZ it was saying only 1 lane was being used. I DDU'd my drivers and reset my bios with no changes. After reseating my GPU it is now using 2 lanes, however I really don't know what to do next. Starting to worry it might be a bad card/board. I was unable to fully remove my GPU as its blocked by my rad and i dont have a way of taking that out right now. Maybe if I took it out all the way and blew into the PCIE lane to remove dust? Is there anything esle that could cause this? All drivers and BIOS are up to date.

Specs:
Intel i7 9700k
ASUS Strix z390I
16GB Corsair RGB Pro Vengance at 2666mhz
Gigabyte AORUS 1080ti

isuckatusernames

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013
Yes the monitor is connected to the gpu and the PCIE lanes stay the same under load. I was using this PC for a short while before I noticed the issue and it can run less demanding games like CSGO just fine. I only noticed when I tried to run kingdom come deliverance and it would barely reach 30fps.

isuckatusernames

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013
I updated my bios when I first got the PC, it is the latest version of GPU-Z too. I reset all my BIOS settings to default apart from enabling XMP. I also forced PCIE gen 3 in the BIOS after I noticed the issue but that didnt change anything. The PSU is a corsair CX750M. Ive also tried it with XMP disabled to no effect.

TRENDING THREADS