Discussion 10850k cooling issues update

theoderic

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2013
Hi all since my questions in April several thing have happened. I got in touch with the pc builders and one of the technicians has setup the ASUS ai Suite 3 .EWhich monitors temps and can control case fans. He also put a fan profile to enable the fans to gear up under load. I also chaned the front and top panels of the 5000x case to the 5000d airflow ones which fit np and have a airvent pattern on them. As regards the overclock i have lowered the volate to 1.30 and it still runs at 5.0 ghz MCE is disabled . The idle trmps are between 36c -43c after using games or surfing the web. Using for instance "Valhalla" temps are up to 65c , The fan setup is 3 at the front intake 2 on the H100X which is in the top of the case and i believe exhausts
and 1 at the back as exhaust. Im waiting on the pc builders to hopeflly collect and upgrade the AIO thinking now of a H150Ielite Capellix as the fans are all corsair so the icue would control them etc. But its funny just changing the panels seems to have helped. Would love to hear peoples comments on this. Ty all

iPeekYou

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2014
Hi all since my questions in April several thing have happened. I got in touch with the pc builders and one of the technicians has setup the ASUS ai Suite 3 .EWhich monitors temps and can control case fans. He also put a fan profile to enable the fans to gear up under load. I also chaned the front and top panels of the 5000x case to the 5000d airflow ones which fit np and have a airvent pattern on them. As regards the overclock i have lowered the volate to 1.30 and it still runs at 5.0 ghz MCE is disabled . The idle trmps are between 36c -43c after using games or surfing the web. Using for instance "Valhalla" temps are up to 65c , The fan setup is 3 at the front intake 2 on the H100X which is in the top of the case and i believe exhausts
and 1 at the back as exhaust. Im waiting on the pc builders to hopeflly collect and upgrade the AIO thinking now of a H150Ielite Capellix as the fans are all corsair so the icue would control them etc. But its funny just changing the panels seems to have helped. Would love to hear peoples comments on this. Ty all

AC:Valhalla with 65 deg C? That's plenty cool already. If you're really worried about temps, see what you get with Prime95 under small/smallest FFT. That's the ultimate worst case scenario since it amounts to running a power virus (not actually virus, though) in your system. Under most workloads temps won't come anywhere close to that.

JWNoctis

Respectable
Jun 9, 2021
Once upon a time the wisdom was to never exceed 50 degC (presumably measured close to CPU, and not actual die temperature, on old motherboards) long or often. Those times are long past, with certain exceptions like SSD.

https://electronics.stackexchange.c...-lifetime-as-function-of-junction-temperature

They do last even longer when cooler, but there's a certain point of diminishing returns, when valued against fan life and tolerable noise generation.