3 - 50ghz
4 - 50ghz
5 - 50 ghz
6 - 49ghz
7- 49ghz
8 - 49ghz
9 - 49ghz
10 - 49ghz

only the problem is that if i enter this it never goes above 4.9 ghz will gaming or benchmarking
so now i run it on 49 all core but would like too change it. i tried alot al ready but can't figure it out

my board is a z590 aorus master from gigabyte

Solution
You need to have the core C states enabled so the CPU can use the higher multipliers. I use ThrottleStop when testing different scenarios. It lets you play around with the turbo ratios and power limits in real time without having to constantly reboot.

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-throttlestop/

pIPgn0N.png

That is how to get the 52 multiplier when up to 2 cores are active, the 50 multiplier when up to 5 cores are active and the 49 multiplier when between 6 and 10 cores are active.

With the C states disabled, I only get the 49 multiplier like you are getting. With the C states enabled, the CPU can use the 52 multiplier when lightly loaded. You will never get the full 52 multiplier...
You need to have the core C states enabled so the CPU can use the higher multipliers. I use ThrottleStop when testing different scenarios. It lets you play around with the turbo ratios and power limits in real time without having to constantly reboot.

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-throttlestop/

pIPgn0N.png

That is how to get the 52 multiplier when up to 2 cores are active, the 50 multiplier when up to 5 cores are active and the 49 multiplier when between 6 and 10 cores are active.

With the C states disabled, I only get the 49 multiplier like you are getting. With the C states enabled, the CPU can use the 52 multiplier when lightly loaded. You will never get the full 52 multiplier when setup like this because there are always Windows background tasks that are activating additional cores. You can get pretty close if you do not have a lot of junk installed on your computer.

This screenshot shows the CPU running a 1 Thread TS Bench test. An average multiplier of 51.96 indicates that the CPU is using the 52 multiplier almost the entire time. This constantly varies and tends to range between 51.50 and 52.00.

hMEhA3N.png

If you want the CPU to use the 52 multiplier more often, I recommend setting the Core Count to 3. This tells the CPU to use the 52 multiplier whether 1, 2 or 3 cores are active. This helps prevent the multiplier from sagging down when running single threaded tasks.

Some monitoring software is not very accurate or efficient when a CPU is lightly loaded. This can interfere with the maximum turbo ratios being used. ThrottleStop does not have this problem.

Reactions: RvR
Solution