Question 10gbps nic only reading 1410mbps

Jun 20, 2024
Hi guys,

I have a 10gbps marvell fastlinq edge 10gbit network adapter in a ROG strix Z790A motherboard but I am only getting 1410bmps in the task manager.
I've been reading up on PCIe lanes but I am really clueless when it comes to this stuff.
Can anybody shed some light on this for me please? Is there a way to up the speed or have I been sold a lemon?
Thanks
B

Hi guys,

I have a 10gbps marvell fastlinq edge 10gbit network adapter in a ROG strix Z790A motherboard but I am only getting 1410bmps in the task manager.
I've been reading up on PCIe lanes but I am really clueless when it comes to this stuff.
Can anybody shed some light on this for me please? Is there a way to up the speed or have I been sold a lemon?
Thanks
B
Some important questions:

• How are you testing?
  • What is the card connected to?
  • What cabling are you using?
  • Are the units correct? (10 Gbit/s = 10.000 Mbit/s = 1250 MB/s)

Jun 20, 2024
Yes I have a 2.5gb on board adaptor.
My switch is a TP Link TL-SX30116F 10gb switch
I have 5 machines on my network. 3 of them have 10gbps cards, the one in question being one of them.

You need to test very simply to begin with. You never really know when some disk issue or other parts of a machine might be the problem.

I would use a very simple line mode tool called IPERF and see what rates you get between machines in your house.

I know it works fine on slower ports like 2.5 or 5g but 10g is a lot and you start to worry about stuff like shared PCIE lanes etc.

IPERF though should test much higher than 1.4gbit.

Reactions: Lenscowboy