$1100-$1300 AUD Gaming Computer Build Australian

aprilla999

Reputable
Sep 24, 2015
I am building a gaming computer and i am planning to have it built by February 2016 and i want to it be able to play most new games on high with 60 fps and i already havea keyboard, mouse headset and monotor but i need everything else and i would like it to have good cooling and wifi and a HDD and space for a SSD with i am planning on getting later. Thanks in advanced

fredfinks

Honorable
You get the SSD now. not later. You use that as the o/s and game drive. If you wait youll have to reinstall windows and everything all over again.
Its an extra $129. If you cant afford, wait until you have the $ ready.

Anyway, heres your system. Itll play just about every game at max on 1080p. There is nothing superfluous or wasteful nor is there any junk quality crap parts.
Strongly advise not using wireless if you can avoid it. Ethernet cable is much more reliable. also its $50 saved.

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/kyX3rH

For an extra $30 you can get the seagate 2tb instead of the WD blue 1tb. They are $99

Ben_55

Reputable
Dec 30, 2015

Do you have any builds that are about $300 AUD less? That build is way over my budget

fredfinks

Honorable
no. its an amd system. they are pitiful.
http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/7cxWHx

Re windows: full version, not oem. oem ties it to the hardware. if you ever upgrade. you dont own a licence anymore. full version is a licence for life.
the seasonic PSU is way more reliable - seasonic are the best manufacturer.

my system is only $80 more and it retains the 970, its an intel i5 which absolutely crushes the AMD, and thats not getting into AMD's woeful reliability, extra power draw and themal INefficiency.

Hell man, a i3 would be better. Go get a console instead of an amd.

fredfinks

Honorable
Also, you dont have a DVD drive, how are you going to install that OEM windows? Win10 full version is a boxed USB key.
if you dont need a DVD drive take $18 off my system.
there that down to only $60 difference. for a system thats a shitload better.