[SOLVED] 1150 MB "B2" Error, no boot

OneApples

Commendable
Mar 9, 2019
Hi there,

I recently bought a pc combo without gfx and Hard drives in a good deal.

It's an i5 3450 and a MSI B75-G43 Rev. 2

Upon first inspection nothing seemed and I got into bios once, then shutdown do install an ssd.

After that I couldn't get into bios whatsoever, the pc Starts ONLY once every time, after I reset cmos, I then get thrown into a Blackscreen with a B2 error on the bottom right, when pressing F1 it says "Entering Setup" then crashes.

What I have tried so far:
Reseat and try diff memory
With and without gpu (same behavior over gpu out)
Cleaning motherboard socket pins and dimm slots,
I tried with everything unplugged

After doing some research I found that error code B2 is quite common with this chipset, so I tried a method that worked for someone else (unplug everything, cmos reset, memory in slo 3,4 then restart with no peripherals or drives connected) tho that also didn't help.

I don't think that the seller sold me a dud motherboard because he said it worked fine and I got into bios once.

Anyone here know the issue and can help me?

Thanks in Advance.

P. S. I won't be home for about 9 hours after this is posted, after that Ill have access to the pc again.

Solution
I have now thoroughly cleaned the board but the same error persists.

When I clear CMOS and restart I get into a black screen that has a B2 on the bottom right.
When mashing Del before that, the same screen comes up, but it says "Entering Setup" on the bottom left.
After that it doesn't give out any signal to a display whatsoever until I clear CMOS again... Repeat.
then it can't be helped.

OneApples

Commendable
Mar 9, 2019
Really sorry I don't see it before. Have you try update BIOS ? is it still possibly on your motherboard ? and do you try using another processor ?

No worries,
No, I don't think it's possible to update bios, I can't enter M-Flash, boot Menu or Bios.
Sadly I don't have any other compatible cpu at hand.
If the bios is bricked or corrupted my only chance would be to either buy a new board, change the physical bios Chip or get a Bios programmer to overwrite the corrupt one.

But I haven't lost hope yet, the build was supposed to be for my brother, so I will definitely give it a couple more tries.

If the bios is bricked or corrupted my only chance would be to either buy a new board, change the physical bios Chip or get a Bios programmer to overwrite the corrupt one.
Sadly, maybe that's the best solution, even I don't like to say it.

But I haven't lost hope yet, the build was supposed to be for my brother, so I will definitely give it a couple more tries.
The last thing crossed on my mind, have you try reset the BIOS using jumper ? It's a different way to reset BIOS, maybe will give a different result than just pull out the Battery. I always use this method for reset BIOS.
cmos-jumper-2.jpg

OneApples

Commendable
Mar 9, 2019

When I clear CMOS and restart I get into a black screen that has a B2 on the bottom right.
When mashing Del before that, the same screen comes up, but it says "Entering Setup" on the bottom left.
After that it doesn't give out any signal to a display whatsoever until I clear CMOS again... Repeat.

then it can't be helped.

Solution