[SOLVED] 11900k OverVolting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 7, 2021
Im about to do a new build with a intel 11900k and a gigabye z590 ud ac mobo.. I keep reading how out of the box the 11900k will get 1.5V pushed to it.. Im not sure if this will be the case with my hardware but if it does push 1.5V what voltage should I lower it to in the bios?

Solution
Just in general really, single core shouldn't require much more than 1.3 volts to be stable at high frequency. Single core boost voltage will vary chip to chip, but going over 1.35 doesn't happen at proper stock settings. It is some motherboards that force automatic offsets, MCE, and other defaults that are dangerous.

Still, even a heavily overclocked chip, you might push 1.4 volts with water cooling. Not strictly necessary in my mind with 10th or 11th gen, most of the time you won't be using just one or two cores.
For Intel, 1.5 volts is practically melting. 1.35 volts is a safe daily use maximum. 1.4 volts if you are pushing a system to maximum clock rates. 1.5 volts you really need to start looking at liquid nitrogen.
Is this for all core boosting or normal turbo boost behavior? Because 1.5v on Ryzen is for single core loads. I would imagine a similar behavior happens in Intel CPU's.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Just in general really, single core shouldn't require much more than 1.3 volts to be stable at high frequency. Single core boost voltage will vary chip to chip, but going over 1.35 doesn't happen at proper stock settings. It is some motherboards that force automatic offsets, MCE, and other defaults that are dangerous.

Still, even a heavily overclocked chip, you might push 1.4 volts with water cooling. Not strictly necessary in my mind with 10th or 11th gen, most of the time you won't be using just one or two cores.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.