Question 11900k raid array issue

Jun 18, 2020
For those who have went ahead and bought an 11900k using a z490 mobo, I’ve encountered a really weird issue with this cpu and I’m hoping nobody else runs into it.
I had my 10900k updated to the latest bios to be compatible with 11900k. I also had it set in raid 0, and been working perfectly for awhile. To my surprise after simply installing the 11900k into my system, it proceeded into a weird booting up pattern, even while I attempt to press the DEL key this whole time. Eventually I get into the BIOS and notice my raid setup is corrupt now. So I delete it since I don’t have much on it anyway, load defaults bios, restart, and set back into raid from ahci.
This is the weird part, after changing my 2 m.2 storage remapping to enabled and restart into bios, the m2_1 reverts itself back to disabled. Tried to enable it a couple more times and it still disabled itself on its own. So I tried putting my 10900k back in to see if anything might have been wonked during the initial swap and nope, the remapping for both m.2s is successful and the raid array can be created successfully. I don’t know if I’m missing something with new 11900ks and if they’re supposed to act this way and I’m missing a setting, but it can be inconvenient for someone who’s dumb enough to use this array (like me).
Another note: the 11900k can’t run my 8x4 ram in 4000mhz cl15 at all. I had to remove two of them in order for it to post. Not a fan I had to halve my memory and lose my raid setup just for a new cpu, so I’ll probably be sticking to my 10900k for now since I didn’t see noticeable gains in any gaming.

TLDR; on an 11900k and my z490 mobo, enabling storage remapping for setting a raid array didn’t stick so it corrupted my raid volume. And certain XMP profiles with ram that may have worked on your previous gen intels might not work on rocket lake, or 11900ks

Jun 18, 2020
What drives were involved in this RAID?
What type of RAID array? 0, 1, something else?

Now, the important question....do you have a full backup? Or at least a backup of anything (personal data) that can't be reinstalled?
Raid 0 array was created using 2 Samsung 970 evo plus 500gb m.2s

all that was on this pc was mainly discord, a few games, and other reinstallable files. Nothing detrimental to lose luckily as it’s used mainly for gaming

USAFRet

Titan
Raid 0 array was created using 2 Samsung 970 evo plus 500gb m.2s

all that was on this pc was mainly discord, a few games, and other reinstallable files. Nothing detrimental to lose luckily as it’s used mainly for gaming
Rebuild the whole thing.
No RAID. At all.

RAID 0 + SSD (especially with NVMe, double especially for a game/discord system) is useless.
While you may see better benchmark numbers, actual user facing difference is nothing.

Jun 18, 2020
Rebuild the whole thing.
No RAID. At all.

RAID 0 + SSD (especially with NVMe, double especially for a game/discord system) is useless.
While you may see better benchmark numbers, actual user facing difference is nothing.
Yea that’s what I ended up doing, running ahci with no raid. but I wasn’t too keen on also having to cut my memory in half because my pc wasn’t stable with my ram after installing the 11900k even though it’s all been manufacturer tested to be stable with that XMP

I was a little disappointed to see no noticeable FPS gains in the game I play, even though looking at reviews specifically for warzone showed increased numbers with an 11900k. I actually think the frames were a little more unstable and dropped more often and am not sure if less ram was culprit

Jun 18, 2020
I'm actually surprised you didn't see a difference as the 11900k has a 15% faster single thread performance:
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/Intel-i9-11900K-vs-Intel-i9-10900K/3904vs3730

I'm guessing that the raid and memory issues aren't the only thing goofy going on. Perhaps a newer bios update (whenever they release it) will fix all this.
This is why I was disappointed ultimately, I could dealt with no raid and half the ram if I actually saw an increase in performance. Alas, I actually saw a small decrease after putting my 10900k back in and seeing the numbers. Would be nice to see a fix, but until then, I’ll stick around for alder lake and hope that’s a solid step