Question 120Hz is the only available option on a 240Hz monitor after changing my PC ?

Jan 3, 2022
I purchased this monitor in late December of 2021, everything worked smoothly and was capable of 240hz on my other computer. However i bought a new computer since my other one broke and now with the same monitor the only available option is 120hz. I am very new to computers and was wondering if there was a solution to his problem; i believe i am using a display port as it came with the monitor i also connected it to my graphics card and have the Nvidia control panel installed, yet the only available option is 120hz.

I also consulted with my manual and tried unplugging re-plugging into different ports and yet no luck. I will list the specs below please help.

Monitor: Samsung - 27” Odyssey Gaming CRG5 Series LED Curved 240Hz FHD Monitor with G-SYNC Compatibility - Dark Blue/Gray

Old Computer: iBUYPOWER - TraceMR Gaming Desktop - Intel i7 11700F - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA RTX 3060Ti 8GB - 480GB SSD + 1TB HDD

Current Computer: HP OMEN - 30L Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X- 16GB Memory - NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti - 1TB SSD - Shadow Black

Jan 3, 2022
Sorry for the late reply! i sort of gave up but i just fixed the generic issue i believe and i updated my drivers yet im unable to achieve the 240hz. I also downloaded the samsung monitor installer and it is running as displayport