[SOLVED] 128 Mb vram

Navimon

Reputable
Feb 16, 2021
Hello,
I am not that good at computer thingies but my question is
i just got an i5 6600 with HD 530

when i run the benchmark on system requirements lab it said it only has 128 vram and i cant even run any game
but when i looked at youtube reviews for i5 6600 with hd 530 i saw a gta 5 review and it runs 20-30 fps and thats fine for me
but on the system req lab is shows i cant even run the minimum settings cuz i only have 128mb vram and i need 512mb vram.

can anybody explain what is vram and what does it do on gaming and should i increase my vram or wut and how do i increase it

TY for the time

Solution
Hello,

when i run the benchmark on system requirements lab it said it only has 128 vram and i cant even run any game
but when i looked at youtube reviews for i5 6600 with hd 530 i saw a gta 5 review and it runs 20-30 fps and thats fine for me
but on the system req lab is shows i cant even run the minimum settings cuz i only have 128mb vram and i need 512mb vram.

can anybody explain what is vram and what does it do on gaming and should i increase my vram or wut and how do i increase it

TY for the time

The layman's explanation is that VRAM is just the RAM that the GPU uses for video data.

You don't actually have a set amount of VRAM...

Scutu Mix

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2015
www.scutustudios.com
VRAM = Video Random Acces Memory. Is pretty much the RAM of your video card - which can't be increased as you increase your system memory RAM. So you better ge a video card that has more VRAM or resume to basic old games.

For $50 - $100 you can get a used video card on ebay or local (depending where you live) with 1 - 2 Gb of VRAM and be able to play the GTA5 at better fps and higher quality...

The on-board cards are not really any good other than being the minimum necessary when running a web browser or listening some music... :)

Good luck with your upgrade!

Reactions: Navimon
Have you tried running a game?
vram for the integrated is usually adaptive which means that it starts at a low amount and only increases if more is needed.
You would need two ram modules working in dual channel to get better iGPU performance.
You can also go into the bios and check the settings there.

Reactions: Krotow and Navimon

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Hello,

TY for the time

The layman's explanation is that VRAM is just the RAM that the GPU uses for video data.

You don't actually have a set amount of VRAM because you don't have a dedicated GPU. Integrated GPUs, like what you have, simply draw what they need from system memory, which is a much slower method.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...hics-for-5th-generation-intel-processors.html

I can't personally imagine playing anything at 1080p low 20-30 fps is a pleasant experience, but what matters is how it feels to you! Steam does allow refunds, so if you fire it up and you either can't play it or the performance is too slow, you can return it if you've played less than two hours and within 14 days.

Reactions: Navimon
Solution