1333 Mhz RAM compatibility

Solution
Buying two individual DIMM's is a gamble, as the each of DIMM characteristics may be such that the DIMM's may not be compatible with each other (even for the same brand and same part numbers).

Suggest getting a dual channel kit (2 x 4 GB) where the DIMM's are guaranteed to be compatible with each other.

rjones007

Honorable
Apr 27, 2015
Should I buy one sticks or two ?
I want performance, not graphics.
And if I install it will over lock automatically or shall I set manually?
Is it compatible for one slot or both slot?

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Might drop a PM to KingstonHQ (his screen name here, it's the Kingston rep, some of their lines of DRAM have changes from low density Memory ICs to the higher density (4Gb) chips, if this is one then it won't work with your 775 socket mobo/chipset

According to the motherboard QVL, two of these DIMM's should work. However, two of these 4 GB individual DIMM's may not necessarily work together in dual channel mode due to variations in DIMM characteristics, even amongst modules with the same part number. However, the two DIMM's might work together in dual channel mode anyway, but there is no guarantee.

To be certain of dual channel operation, get a 2 x 4 GB dual channel kit.

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum

Yes, what I am saying is Kingston has changed some models from low density to high density while maintaining the same model #. We've had some on the forums caught up in that with older mobos that don't support high density ICs

rjones007

Honorable
Apr 27, 2015

what to do and what not to?
if i buy two rams of 4 gb what difference do they make?

This is on seller's profile:

64 x 512 MB DRAM Structure
DIMM Memory Module
240-pin Configuration
9-9-9 CAS Latency
1.5 V Specified Voltage
Unbuffered Memory
Frequency 667 MHz
SUPC: 1684044

Buying two individual DIMM's is a gamble, as the each of DIMM characteristics may be such that the DIMM's may not be compatible with each other (even for the same brand and same part numbers).

Suggest getting a dual channel kit (2 x 4 GB) where the DIMM's are guaranteed to be compatible with each other.

Solution