140mm exhaust fan with 5x120mm case fans?

Dec 16, 2018
I am using a Corsair Carbide 275R case with 2 stock Corsair red LED fans in the front center (intake) and rear (exhaust) positions. I have a Cooler Master 120mm liquid CPU cooler with the fan in front of the grill and attached to the front top slot (intake). I bought two Noctua NF-S12B redux-1200 fans to put in two of the three remaining slots: front bottom, top front, and top rear slots.

The top rear slot can hold a 120mm fan while the top front slot can hold either a 120mm or 140mm fan.

Does it make sense to put a 140mm fan as an exhaust in the top front slot if all the other fans are 120mm? Sucking out warm air that was heated from the CPU liquid cooler grill will be done by whatever fan is in this slot. Will the fan discrepancies cause a problem?

If so, and 120mm is recommended, which slot could be skipped if I didn't want to buy another fan? Front bottom or top rear?

Dec 16, 2018
If I have more exhaust fans than intake fans, will that hurt cooling in any way? At this point I will have an odd number of fans and I'm not sure how to best configure them.